Friday, February 10, 2006

Winter Olympics Preview

I could rank give a long explanation of why the Winter Olympics are more entertaining than the Summer Olympics, how the smaller number of sports makes the event more palatable, how all 15 sports are enjoyable in their own unique ways.

I could talk about how fun it is to root for Norway to get their once-every-four-years chance at world domination, like Brazil in soccer.

I could write a whole article about how watching curling has the exact opposite effect on your soul as watching anything on MTV.

I could rave about how exciting short track speed skating is, with about the same rate of crashes as England's Grand National horse race.

But why bother? I'm not going to persuade anyone to suddenly start skipping work to tune in. Maybe something with catch your eye and delight you. Maybe you won't watch a minute.

But if you are going to watch one minute, please, I beg you, watch the Men's Cross Country Relay on Sunday, February 19. WATCH IT. You will not regret it. That's all I want to say.

The Men's Cross Country Relay on Sunday, February 19.

You're welcome.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about the Estonians?

12:47 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net