Tuesday, February 07, 2006

UNC vs Duke Preview

First off, let me say for the record, I successfully predicted the Vegas line yesterday. A 5 point line in favor of Duke seems about right. Now, I don't want to go all "Pauly" on us and give a long dissertation about why I think the Heels may pull it off tonight. That wouldn't work for a variety of reasons. A) I am not that knowledgeable (to change now that NFL/Skating with the Stars is over) about the college hoops scene this year. B) I have very little time to blog due to strenuating circumstances (12-9 shift, wedding plans, the looming darkness) and finally C) I am simply not that funny.

That said, here is my Master Lock presents "EA's Lock of the Night". Unc (+5) vs Duke! What a shocker.

Duke is beatable and they will not make it to the Elite Eight this year. Any fast athletic team that has one above average perimeter defender can ruin the Blue Devils title hopes. Guard JJ and let Shelden and his obnoxiously large head bang around inside all he wants. Its all about stopping Reddick and being fast enough to run past the McRobertses and Paulases and Melchionnis. UConn immediately pops into my mind. Even though I feel like I was declaring a major when I first saw Rashad Anderson and Denim Brown don the Huskie jersey, they still have a dynamite core of superior athetes. They are my pick to go all the way. By the way, I am quite hypocritical by doing this and then bitching during march madness when everyone picks the 4 #one seeds to make it to the Final Four. But what the hell....

A couple of fun prop bets/ over-unders for those of you who like to bet with your friends on EA's lines. ( I know there is someone out there who does this)

James Jay Reddick point total - 18.5
Number of inches on Shelden Williams forehead - 7
The # of exclamation points on the transcript of the game commentated by Vitale - 32,675
Who will the first charging call be against? Carolina -800, Duke +1750
Will the phrase "greatest free throw shooter in the history of college basketball" be used. Yes -25,000, No +1200

Semi-running diary to come later tonight.................jogging diary if you will. hahaha...I've said too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net