Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Weekly Grind - 12/28

Someone came up to me just the other day and mentioned something about "weekly posts not being a grind". I told him I disagreed.

This week, we have a special treat with a collaborative Grind involving both myself and Sky. Apparently, as the temperatures drop, Kevin becomes more creative and posts often. I made a graph of this theory at work, and then threw it away when I realized, sadly, that I couldn't transfer it to the blog without losing its brilliance.

On to the grind: as always these may or may not be actual questions from readers;

Yo Ea, great use of the colons and semi-colons in that last sentence. Way to incorrectly utilize grammatical tools, Idiot! - Tom, Rochester

EA- This may or may not have been an actual question.

Sky, get any good christmas presents this year? besides the gift of Jesus from God of course. - Jesus (pronounced Hay-Zeus) - Bethlehem

Sky- Well besides being blessed with the gift of Christ who would one day die for my sins, I was blessed with a coffee maker on christmas morning. which is better you ask? While one provides with me eternal salvation, the other provides me with a much needed jump start to the morning. Sure Jesus is my savior, but can't the warm rich aroma of hot cup off coffee also be considered a 'savior' as well?

Ed. Note - EA's favorite gift was a CD titled "Franklin Comes Alive" by Gob Bluth


Hey EA, I liked yer post bout them there 'top 10 party games of all time, but i'm mighty poor and can't afford all yer technological whizmathing-ama-bobs. do you have any games that us poor rednecks can lay? reckon all i can git my paws on is some goverment cheese by way of some food stamps! well anyways, i only git to the libary evry once in a blue moon to check out yer blog, so let me know right quick! -Cletus, from "over yonder"

EA - Funny you should mention that Cletus, one of my all time favorite party games that I failed to mention was the classic "Cheese on the Shoulder" bit. It involves a piece of cheese and an unsuspecting victim. At any large gathering pick out a person who seems either really drunk or really stupid. Approach said victim with an unwrapped cheese and place delicately on either shoulder. Try and put it where his/her peripheral vision cannot see it. Then, similar to a wave being built up in a packed stadium, start chanting "Cheese on the shoulder, Cheese on the shoulder" and clap along to the words. Everyone will soon follow. The person who has been "cheesed on" will no doubt start clapping along and chanting while looking around to see who got "cheesed". Everyone else will be doing the same only they know that it is him who has the cheese, so they all laugh at him, not with him. Depending on how bright the victim is, he will continue clapping for several minutes only to finally realize that it was his shoulder where the cheese was placed. Sounds incredibly stupid but in fact, it is the funniest game I have ever played. Try it out and tell us the tales of your efforts.

Sky- So the Detroit Lions really suck this year. Dan - 8 mile, Detroit

Sky- That wasn't really a question Dan but I appreciate your point. The fact is, the Lions are what EA often likes to call "pure garbage" and I don't really have a solution for this problem. I do know that the solution is NOT "drafting another 6-5 possesion reciever with no down field threat possibility".


Thats it, have a good New Years boys and girls. Be safe and bring cheese to your parties. Let us know how it works out.

ea20@yahoo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net